This table, this table right here.
Dark oak, scarred with fork wounds.
Stained with watercolours, tattooed with crayons.
Four edges with small tooth marks,
four legs with dirty shoe scratches.
A table filled steaks in the summer,
a big turkey at winter.
Hard chairs with rigid backs,
as one chair became empty.
This table, this table right here.
So many memories,
all getting taken away.
What is muse? I often find myself asking this question, and coming up with multiple answers. Muses were originally nine goddesses that were in charge of literature, science, and the arts. It was said ideas were sent by the muses, and the writers, artists or scientists merely shared them.
A muse today is just a source of inspiration. Everything can be a muse. You could look at a beautiful landscape and want to draw it, or see a wilting flower and subsequently write a poem on death. So, I’ve sorted out what a muse is. But what is my muse?
And right now I have no answer. I haven’t been posting the last couple days because my muse has vanished, if I ever really had it in the first place.
I know a lot of my followers and probably a good few readers are writers/poets as well. What is your muse? How did you find it? And, if like me, you haven’t found your muse, where are you looking for it? I will hopefully post soon, if the Muses are feeling generous.
It comes once a year.
A letter that’s signed: From Dad
With an Afghan stamp.
I decided to do a haiku today because I was feeling poetic. What do you think?
He talks to them about his
He tells them his deepest
They comfort him with
They tell him promises they
And he longs for quiet; for silence.
And as he reaches out for asylum
they drive him
What do you think? I did some research about Edgar Allen Poe yesterday for a project and I based this off of his quote: “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
- I am roughly 5’2″ tall.
- I play piano and saxophone.
- My favourite colour is red.
- My favourite food is sushi. (YUM)
- My favourite ice-cream flavour is Butter Almond.
- My favourite band is either Queen/The Script.
- My favourite animal is a hawk.
- My favourite movie is Pitch Perfect.
- My favourite subject is Maths. (NERD ALERT)
- My favourite book series is…idk, can’t choose just one!
- I am afraid of heights/falling.
- I have 2 sisters, one older and one younger.
- I have no pets 😦 But if I could have a pet, I would want a dog.
- I can play basketball, hockey, softball, pool, and golf. (though not very well)
- I placed 2nd in a javelin throw.
- I love playing card games, including poker.
- I like magic and love watching those ‘Secrets Revealed’ shows that show you how its done.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have been to 8 countries and 3 continents.
- I have brown hair and blue/green eyes.
I am planning to see the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie tomorrow so my post will be discussing the transition from paper to the big screen.
How’s it going, first-time readers! It’s Emily here, with my first blog post! Try and contain your excitement there. Anyway, I would like to welcome you to infinitebookcase.wordpress.com. On this blog I will post about basically everything. Books, movies, games, cooking, news, maybe even some original poems/stories from yours truly. I will try to post often and I will hopefully set up a schedule soon. If any other bloggers out there have any advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the Infinite Bookcase.